Our innovative formula contains a balance of hydrating ingredients and pore-tightening actives to equally minimize the look of pores and hydrate skin, with gentle yet effective pore actives such as PHA and BHA.– Glow Recipe
Hearing so many glowing reviews, I purchased Glow Recipe’s toner on a whim, delighted by its complex ingredient list and eco-friendly packaging. The product is thin, absorbing into the skin with a light, refreshing scent. Considering its pricing, I think you get about two or so months of use out of the bottle, which seems appropriate to me. Now that I’ve reached the end I can say . . . my skin has not changed, either for the better or the worse.
Ingredient Pros and Cons
Ingredients: Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Cactus) Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Gluconolactone, Sodium Polyglutamate, Betaine Salicylate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Watermelon Fruit Ferment Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Ipomoea Batatas Root Extract, Sorbitan Oleate, Levulinic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Fragrance/Parfum
- Cactus Extract (hydrating, moisturizing)
- Watermelon Fruit Extract (hydrating, soothing, evens tone)
- Hyaluronic Acid (hydrating)
- Betaine Salicylate (soothing, anti-acne)
- Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-acne, addresses hyper-pigmentation)
- Tea Tree Extract (anti-acne, addresses hyper-pigmentation)
- Hibiscus Extract (antioxidant, anti-aging, gentle exfoliant)
- Cucumber Extract (soothing, brightening, anti-aging)
- Licorice Root Extract (addresses hyper-pigmentation)
- Fragrance/Parfum (skin irratant, but it’s last ingredient so I wouldn’t worry about it unless you have an allergy)
- Might irratate those who struggle with fungal acne
This is a perfectly fine toner, it just so happens that it didn’t work so well for me. Perhaps more time is necessary to see its effects, but regardless, I’m somewhat disappointed that I can’t get in on the hype :/. Still, this isn’t a warning to others, as I don’t have any blaring complaints either. Feel free to try out the toner for yourself and perhaps you’ll find more success than I did!