A fast-absorbing, rich moisturizer that provides instant and long-term hydration for dry, distressed skin and eczema.– Sephora
Receiving this trial size moisturizer in Sephora’s First Aid Beauty points kit, I was exciting to try out their famous Ultra Repair Cream after hearing multiple glowing reviews. Using this over specifically dry areas of my face, I made sure to avoid oily regions, remembering the intensity of the product. Though it applied and absorbed into my skin well, it wasn’t long before I felt the eucalyptus extract stinging in its effect, despite it being the last ingredient in the formulation.
Ingredient Pros and Cons
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Ceramide-3, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (moisturizing)
- Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract (soothing)
- Squalane (emollient, moisturizing)
- Ceramide-3 (skin repairing, moisturizing)
- Allantoin (soothing)
- Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract (acne-fighting, brightening)
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (can be pore-clogging for oily skin)
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract (potential skin irritant, but its the last ingredient on list)
Though I’m happy to have tried this product, I can’t imagine purchasing it in the future. As someone with acne-prone, oily skin, this mixture may be a bit too thick for full-face application, and the eucalyptus within too potent (even with counteracting soothing ingredients) for continual use without risk of skin irritation. Consider your own skin sensitivity and type when trying out this product — I’d definitely recommend trying a sample before you purchase!